In this episode, Jason Stein interviews Dr. Matthew Hicks, ND, a naturopathic doctor who has made it his life’s work to help people live healthier, happier, and better lives through the use of psychedelics.
Dr. Hicks has always wanted to use naturopathic medicine to help people to recover their mental health - but it wasn’t until a fateful presentation by Erica Zelfand, ND that Matthew discovered the potential (and power) of using psychedelics to aid in healing. An ND degree and many years of research and training later, Dr. Hicks now leads Ketamine and Psilocybin Retreats, facilitates Psychotherapy and Psychedelic Therapy Training, and is designing programs for Psilocybin Therapy.
Join Dr. Hicks and Jason as they talk about:
- Oregon’s progressive new laws concerning Psilocybin - and their risks
- how Ketamine and Psilocybin work
- the future of Psilocybin - will it share the fate of CBD?
- the good and the bad of hallucinogenic side effects
- why psychedelics are not yet a part of mainstream medicine
- and how to navigate the challenges that come with being a pioneer
For a full transcription of the episode, visit: http://bit.ly/WRP6Transcript
About Dr. Hicks
Dr. Hicks is the founder of Synaptic Integrative Care and Training Institute in Portland, Oregon, offering ketamine assisted psychotherapy and psychedelic therapy training. He is the medical director of Silo Wellness offering psilocybin and ketamine retreats in Jamaica and Oregon. He also hosts the Integrative Psychiatry Review podcast.
Connect with Dr. Hicks
Silo Wellness Retreats: https://siloretreats.com/
Synaptic Integrative Care and Training Institute: https://www.synaptic.care/